Applicant Eligibility:Funds may be granted ONLY to not-for-profit 501(c)(3) arts and cultural organizations. You may not use a fiscal conduit. For more information about eligibility please refer to the Cultural Tourism guidelines.
- Projects must take place within calendar year 2012. Projects will not be considered if scheduled after December 31, 2012. Development and distribution of cultural organization promotional materials (brochures, posters, maps, videos and slides).
- Special cultural events or projects supported by the Borough President and designed to bring visitors to the borough.
- Cultural advertising targeted to the inbound visitor market(s)
- Research to determine visitor profiles, identify markets or measure economic impact of cultural organizations’ tourism initiatives.
- You must include your 501(c)(3) letter with your application. If the letter is not included, then your application will be deemed non-responsive and will not be considered for funding.
- Payments and/or benefits for personnel or consultants.
- Capital projects, rent, and/or structural rehabilitation.
- Travel and entertainment.
- Membership dues or fees.
- Postage or office supplies.
- Business to business products.
- Promotion of for profit entities.
- Projects that promote organizations outside of New York City.
- Any activities associated with political lobbying or campaigning.
Funding Range: Grant awards will not exceed $10,000 subject to funding availability.
Office of Manhattan Borough President Scott M. Stringer • 212.669.8300
1 Centre Street, 19th Floor • New York, NY 10007 • © Copyright 2006
The Manhattan Borough Presidentís Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.